Indian Chamber of Commerce Confers Rare Distinction to Aanjaneya Lifecare, wins the prestigious Corporate Governance and Sustainability Vision Awards 2013
Mumbai-based Aanjaneya Lifecare Limited BSE code (533412), the vertically integrated pharmaceutical company with manufacturing and marketing capabilities in APIs (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) with focus on anti-malarial, and finished dosage forms (FDFs) catering to various therapeutic segments, has added yet another feather in its cap of achievements as it won the prestigious Corporate Governance and Sustainability Vision Awards 2013 organized by Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in the ‘Sustainability Reporting’ category. Awarded by Hon Union Minister for Urban Development Shri Kamal Nath at the award summit held at Hotel Le Meridien in New Delhi today.
Aanjaneya Lifecare Limited set the ball rolling by not only winning the award in the ‘Large Corporate’ category, but also was the only private sector organization to be featured amongst the awardees. The Corporate Governance & Sustainability Vision Awards acknowledge and reward companies that have taken positive steps to manage and measure their economic, environmental and social impacts and performance, and have integrated sustainability into their core business models.
On receiving the Awards Mr Shashikant Shinde Executive Director commented “We feel honored to be recognized for our corporate leadership in social responsibility and sustainable development initiatives. Aanjaneya Lifecare Limited is striving to build a legacy of achieving business success through responsible social, environmental and economic practices that help build inclusive societies. “These awards provide a platform to highlight leading examples of sustainable practices and performance to inspire and motivate others to adopt similar policies and practices and transparently communicate on their performance. It is widely acknowledged that in line with global trends in Corporate Governance in context of Listed companies as well as Family run Corporations and the responsibility of the Board of Directors towards stakeholders and society at large are of great concerns & one will also understand the concept of Board effectiveness and Ethics practices and how various corporations can improve performance of the Boards. Corporate Governance in global environment is having an impact on economic development in an increasing manner with issues like Corruption, Accountability, Non Governance, Board Ethics and Social responsibility of Global Corporations”.
About Aanjaneya Lifecare Limited:
Aanjaneya Lifecare Limited is a vertically integrated company having state-of-the-art; WHO GMP approved facilities for manufacturing bulk drugs at Mahad and finished dosage forms at Pirungut near Pune. It is one of the largest contract manufacturers of codeine based cough syrups in India. The company exclusively manufactures the Codorex Brand of Zydus Cadilla and Codilite Brand of Tablets India Ltd. amongst Others.The Company raised about Rs. 117 crore from its IPO and the funds are being used to built new capacities along with the refurbishing of Research & Development centre. The new facilities being created as part of CAPEX are using eco friendly, recyclable material and will be rated by LEEDS once completed.The Facilities being established will comply with the latest European & US guidelines. With new capacities to be added in next 6 to 9 months the company will be expanding operations in emerging markets of South East Asia, Africa & South & Central America and its domestic operation in branded generics segment.
The company with its manufacturing facilities –in Mahad, Hyderabad and Pune has to its credit many achievements.
- It is the world’s third-largest manufacturer of quinine salts and the second-largest in India. Only nine companies globally manufacture quinine salts. Aanjaneya is only the second company to receive WHO prequalification for its anti-malarial APIs and formulations.
- It is one of the most cost-effective quinine manufacturers
- One of the largest codeine quota holders in the pharmaceutical sector
- The only manufacturer of multi- flavored Lozenge medical products in India
- The only company in India to be classified as ethical prescription dosages for diverse therapeutic segments. It is positioned as a global Centre of Excellence in the area of Lozenge manufacture
- The company pioneered the recognition that lozenges represent a stable platform for the delivery of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical ingredients
- Anjaneya’s Nicco Nil lozenge is a first-of-its-kind remedy in the world for smoking de-addition; its Relacs is a first-time lozenge against insomnia in India, and Arecta Plus, a lozenge variant for Viagra, is a first for India.
The company has an expertise in opportunity spotting and innovation. The company’s success has been built on a business model that integrates Research, Innovation and Knowledge. The company has invested in building proprietary Knowledge through research and acquisitions. Anajaneyas Lifecare’s competence has been validated through patents granted by international and Indian authorities.
Highlights 2011-2012 for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredents
- Production of Quinine Sulphate increased 30% in 2011-2012
- Sales of Quinine Sulphate grew 45%
- Exports increased 250% from Rs 10 Crore to Rs 31 crore
- Added 35 international and 50 domestic clients
- Completed trials for Bromexine(expectorant)a new API that will be launched in 2012-1023
Highlights 2011-2012 for Finished Dosage Forms
- Launched ‘Rancorex’ an in-house codine based cough syrup brand for the first time in its history
- received the Kenya PPB GMP approval from all facilities namely lozenges,liquids and iontments
- Received registration for ‘Arecta Plus'(a lozenge variant of Viagra tablets)from Sierrs Leone and Libya; received the first export order for this product to be executed in 2012-2013.